Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, February 07, 2003
Friday Five

1. What did you have for breakfast this morning? If you didn't have breakfast, why not?

A glass of milk before I left the house. A cup of AlphaBits when I got to work. I’m hungry again already--did you have to be talking about food?

2. What's your favorite cereal?

I bet you figured I’d say AlphaBits. Nope. Special K. I’ve been eating Special K since I was knee high to that proverbial grasshopper.

3. How often do you eat out? Do you want that to change?

At least twice a week, on the weekend. I don’t know. Certainly it’s nice not having a kitchen to clean up. On the other hand, James is one heck of a cook and there’s certain things a restaurant can’t beat of his, like his biscuits, and frankly, I like to change into comfy clothes when I get home and relax with the budgie snuggled up on my shoulder, not sit in a restaurant.

4. What do you plan on having for dinner tonight? Got a recipe for that?

It’s Friday. We’ll probably go out. James was talking barbecue...mmmmnnnn.

5. What's your favorite restaurant? Why?

Used to be 57th Fighter Group, but we haven’t gone in ages and I was told the food had gone downhill. Of course I was only going there for the all-you-can-eat crab legs and the cappucino anyway. That is a hard one. Probably My Cousin Vinny’s, the Italian place. At least they can cook spaghetti al dente properly. Olive Garden isn’t bad, either.

<g> And Bassett’s Inn on West Shore Road in Warwick, RI. (I miss The Empress of China restaurant on Atwood Avenue in Johnston, RI. They make fried rice the way I like it, dark, with only bean sprouts, onions, and whatever meat you’re having with it. No peas and carrots [ugh!] in it the way it’s done here. When we go to visit my mother we always go to the Empress at least once and I have a nice big serving of pork fried rice. When my mom was well enough to fly down and visit she always brought me one of those big paper Chinese food containers full of pork fried rice from the Empress. Mmmmmnnnn.)