Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, February 28, 2003
Friday Five

1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)?

Hmn. Novels, I guess. I'd like to say I read anything with print on it, but I loathe fashion magazines, trendy magazines, anything with numbers in it, and most bestsellers. I do read more fiction than nonfiction, but sometimes it's close.

2. What is your favorite novel?

One? One book? You want me to pick one book? This is like asking Olivia Walton which of the seven children is her favorite. I can list some of my favorite books: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Red Sky at Morning, Little Women, Addie Pray, A Christmas Carol, Call of the Wild, The Open Gate, The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The Last Enchantment, Eight Cousins, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Black Beauty, Beautiful Joe, Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries, Harry Potter, Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy, and anything Madeleine L'Engle ever wrote.

3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)

"Curiosity" by Alistair Reid -- right at the top of the page.

4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read?

All those new historical books coming out. I've at least gotten to read John Adams and Theodore Rex lately.

5. What are you currently reading?

Blink. All of them? Well, okay. Lyddie by Katherine Paterson. Circles and The Knowledge Web by James Burke. Spider, Spin Me a Web by Lawrence Block. The Origin of Everyday Things (Reader's Digest books). Reporting World War II (anthology). Enigma by Robert Harris. Summer Knight by Jim Butcher. Meet Me in St. Louis by Sally Benson. Rise to Rebellion by Jeff Shaara. The WPA Guide to New York City. Album of Memories and The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw. Gracie by George Burns. And the November 1905-April 1906 bound volume of St. Nicholas magazine.