Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 02, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Postage Hey, did all your packages and cards get delivered? ...or are you (or perhaps someone on the receiving end) still expecting something 'any day now'?

I never take chances and always mail before December 10. This year my mom's gift was so special (I bought her a small boombox with a CD player; she has never owned one before) I sent it before Thanksgiving. I'd finally found a Russ Columbo CD for her (Columbo was the precursor to crooners like Bing Crosby and Perry Como; whatever they did, he did it first) and I wasn't going to trust that puppy to the Christmas mails.

Twosome: Due: Are you due for a break after all the excitement of the holidays? ...or are you just moving on with life? Maybe the upcoming weekend is a good thing to see on the horizon?

After a friend's heart attack (and subsequent stroke), my "jolly" hospital stay, and another friend's death, I figure being bored is the best alternative anyone could ever have. I was lucky enough to keep Bandit another year, but the little guy is now basically a budgie senior citizen and his breathing is none too good. I will cherish what I have of him this year.

A Saturday with friends, however, is definitely the good thing on the horizon.

Threesome: Two cents... What's your two cents on things wintery? Has it been one you can handle so far or a bit too much for your taste?

Winter? What winter? The only thing one could label as having been wintry here would be temps in the 20s a couple of nights, cold wet rain, and some mornings where I had to hack frost off my windshield.

But I must be realistic here. Were I to go back to a real New England winter, I'd have to hire someone to shovel the walks. I am so overweight and so out of shape that I'd probably have a heart attack just picking up a snow shovel. My 85-year-old mother spent Christmas Eve chopping ice out of the driveway with the lawn edger. Sadly, I'd probably need a year's membership in a health club before I could try that again.