Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 09, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Commercial- Are there any TV commercials that really grab you? I mean, to the point you want to show them to other people?

Not usually, but there have been occasions I have mentioned a commercial to a friend or to as being funny. I'm the world's worst person to show commercials to. I either pay no attention at all, or if I do, I remember the cute/funny/dramatic situation and forget the sponsor's name completely. Remembering the sponsor's name, however, does not make me want the product.

I gotta admit, the newest Sprint commercial with the oxen/dachshund mixup is pretty cute. (But my favorite is still "flour the children.")

Twosome: Holiday- Valentine's Day is coming up, do you celebrate the holiday or do you prefer to just let it pass you by?

We celebrate, but usually not very elaborately: cards, maybe eating out. Every once in a while we look at one of those "getaway in town" hotel deals where you get a room for the night in your own area. And then we think: why pay $$ for a hotel room down the street from your house just so you can sit around? We can do that at home, and it won't disappoint the dog as much. :-)

Threesome: Madness- Even if you don't celebrate it, do you succumb to the madness and buy up boxes of chocolates, just for you?

I buy chocolate anytime...a fact amply supported by my figure. Buy candy for a holiday? Heck, no. You buy it after the holiday, when it's cheap. Chocolate is chocolate no matter what color the wrapper!