Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 30, 2003
Sigh. I don't usually make silly fusses about dumb commercials, but I saw one tonight that absolutely freaked me out. And perhaps I'm more sensitive because I own a bird...

Quizno's, a sandwich joint, has a new commercial about their sandwich maker, who forgets everything when he's creating a new sandwich. One of the first things you see is that he hasn't fed his bird, a blue and white budgie who lies dead at the bottom of his cage.

I guess it's supposed to be amusing, but I don't see one damn thing funny about neglecting your pet. Animal Planet already has two series about humane society cops who arrest people for the same thing.

The ironic thing is that I saw this ad on Animal Planet itself...