Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, January 21, 2003
Friday Five (from 01/17/2003)

1. Where do you currently work?

For the federal government.

2. How many other jobs have you had and where?

I’ve worked in the present job for almost 15 years. (Fifteen in April, to be precise.) Previously I worked 3 years as a civilian for the Air Force. Before that I worked 3 1/2 years in a shipping room, and before that summer factory jobs.

3. What do you like best about your job?

I work with nice people.

4. What do you like least about your job?

Too many numbers. I preferred what I was doing when I first got here, and also at the Air Force job, which was typing and correcting letters and manuscripts. My favorite part of the job here was assembling (from boilerplates) the documentation and rewriting and correcting the non-boilerplate portions. Writing and editing are my most enjoyable tasks. Anything that has to do with numbers is least.

(Yes, the “too many numbers” still beats out the excruciatingly long commute. Numbers are God’s way of getting even with us for being smartasses.)

5. What is your dream job?

Designing web pages. I would specifically like to design web pages for small businesses who do not want to do e-commerce, at a price they could afford.