Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, December 09, 2002
Prominently under "news" this morning on both CNN's and Fox News' websites is a big story about the season finale of The Sopranos.

Will someone please "'splain" to me this obscene fascination with anything to do with the Mafia? I'm Italian and I still don't "get it." There's been The Godfather and a host of other imitators and mob movies and now The Sopranos. I've seen one episode. Yes, the acting is fine, but why the interest in the first place? These people are criminals, for God's sake. What's the appeal of a bunch of murderers and thieves?