Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, August 26, 2002
Every once in a while I hear about a condition called "SADD." It a syndrome that hits people in the winter, sometimes called the "winter doldrums." Because it's dark and cold, these people suffer from depression. One of the remedies, I've heard, is "light therapy." Sunlamps are installed in these folks' homes to emulate the illusion of summer and sunshine.

I read this medical news always wondering if there's an opposite syndrome; if so I definitely have it. Although a series of cold dark winter days can be a bit dreary, I revel in the lack of sunshine and heat. Cuddling up in comforters while wearing a snuggly sweatsuit is a joy, as are flannel jammies. When the air is cool and clear I feel alive. Summer and heat is just something to be endured.

Suppose they have a "cold dark light" somewhere?