Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, July 25, 2002
Urf. A/C fixed for now. (Every chance it could happen again. The repairman said the motor is so old they would have to order a new one specially.) We had a broken capacitor and the compressor was coming on, but not the fan; it had seized up. He replaced the capacitor, oiled the motor and the fan, and refreshed the freon. Voíla, cold air.

BTW, never been so glad for that service contract. The fellow told me that most people as of today have a two-week wait!

Had to vacuum everywhere he stepped since there was dirt from the backyard all over the carpet and kitchen floor. It has odd silvery grains in it. The glass doors are virtually broken and I don't think we've opened them since the dryer caught fire. Imagine my astonishment when I slid open the door to let the repairman into the back yard and found a wasps' nest between the glass door and the screen (which I only now noticed was not replaced correctly). I squirted the thing with Raid; one wasp croaked, one staggeringly flew away, and one was driven off--cross fingers none of them got inside!