Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 22, 2002
Listening to an imported three-CD set of Bing Crosby I bought at Media Play on Friday. The low price tag ($10) got me, but those of you who like Crosby but want "high fidelity," give the album a skip: the songs sound as if they were burned directly from 78s, with no attempt to reduce surface noise, hiss, etc., although the quality is not all that bad. It's chiefly just in mono, not in stereo.

But I'm enjoying them: I like them sounding as if they're playing on an old Victrola or on a low-powered AM station sometime back in the 1930s. Rather like time-traveling.

I had kind of a time getting to play the set at all: when I brought the one I originally bought home and opened it, I discovered I had two copies of the #3 CD, one #2, and none of #1! I was lucky to find another set when I returned it.