Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, May 14, 2002
I live in a region of salamanders.

Yesterday evening a cold front went through--the usual rain and then delightfully cool breezes. Before we went to bed we shut the air conditioner and opened the upstairs windows. The wind was so brisk you could hear it blow just before it lulled you to sleep. Curled up under a nice comforter, it was grand sleeping weather.

It was 46 degrees when I left the house this morning. Granted, I was a tad chilly: Sunday night, I popped all our cloth jackets into the washer to clean up the grub of the past few months. But it was late when they finished, and, since the last dryer caught fire we don't leave it running without supervision, they weren't dry when it was time for bed and I forgot to turn the dryer on last night when I got home.

I like to drive with the car window open; luckily I hadn't brought my hat in from the last cold spell and I keep a car blanket in the car. It kept me nice and warm on the way to work.

When I got into the ladies room this morning, two co-workers were complaining about how cold it was. They repeated it several times. Cold? I remember walking to school in -10 weather back in the days when girls weren't allowed to wear pants. That was cold. This was nice!