Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, May 08, 2002
Evolution v. Creationism

I had a children's Bible from when I was very small and loved to read it. Also every doctor's office I was ever in had a copy of the first volume of Uncle Arthur's Bible Stories, which told the creation story with love and wonderful illustrations.

However, when I went to school, I also learned about evolution. I feel the evidence scientists have found make a good case for evolution. But I also thought creationism and evolution could exist side by side.

Having lived in Georgia now for eighteen years, I want to say that I now believe solely in evolution.

How else could one explain the existence of the fire ant, the most useless and annoying animal to ever exist? Certainly the wise God I know from the Bible would never create such a creature!