Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, April 30, 2002
Pet Peeve [Indefinite]: People who send print jobs to a communal printer and then do not monitor them. It's fine to leave your printing for an indefinite time if you have your own, but on a shared printer it's downright rude. Today I sent something to the printer and got up to fetch it immediately, only to find out someone was printing letters and the machine had run out of letterhead. Not a soul appeared for five minutes; I just replaced the letterhead myself. Ten minutes later the letters were still sitting there.

Of course I should be surprised. I have found printouts at that machine that are at least a week old. One day there was a pile of paper at the printer almost two inches high. By the end of the week, the pile had only decreased about half an inch!