Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, April 03, 2002
BTW, we have apparently broken Willow of her fly fear.

I had a cousin who was terrified of loud noises, even fireworks, which I adored. The only loud noises I had any type of problem with was one of those massive summer thunderstorms when it sounded as if the sky were falling to bits. However, I soon came to enjoy them after my mom told me it was "the angels bowling." (My parents went duckpin bowling for fun on Saturday nights and were in a league on Sundays.) A particularly loud clap was a strike.

We turned catching the flies into a game by inviting an at-first reluctant terrier to help us find them. Now when she hears a smart smack of anything she comes running to see if we have killed a fly for her. (It sounds gross, but she finds them delicious.) And if she sees one she begins barking for us to come chase it for her. If it happens to get in her range she will snap at it herself, but she seems to have more fun being a "pointer."