Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 08, 2002
I've been remiss here lately. Frankly, work is driving me mad, or perhaps it's more the fluorescent lights. I have the distinct feeling they're trying to burn my brain out. I come home with sore eyes and headaches and must get someone, whether it's maintenance or a tall guy, to unscrew another bulb. There are three long ones right over my head to glare on all the white paper in my cubicle. I had someone unscrew one for me, but two are still too bright. There are times when the letters are dancing in front of my eyes like flies. Why they have to be in light compartments with reflectors around them is beyond me; they are already way too bright.

Speaking of flies, Willow will drive us mad yet. We already have a large fly population zipping around outside due to it never having gotten very cold for more than three days at the time. The moment a door opens, one zooms in and heads straight for the nearest light to get warm, like some type of berserk moth. To keep the dog from whining and trembling, we end up killing them and showing them to her. Only then she relaxes! A month more of this and we'll have to have the vet prescribe Prozac. [Eyes roll.]