Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 25, 2002
I'm crossing my fingers that Bandit is better. I let him rest this weekend to his intense dismay and he has flown a few times now without panting or his heart racing excessively. The only two suspects I have are the Glade I sprayed upstairs--but he is downstairs and has never been sensitive to sprays before--and the celery leaf I gave him that morning, washed as always (perhaps there was some chemical on it that did not come off with washing?). Very puzzling. I hope he truly is better.

We noticed that Willow had been "off" all weekend and we couldn't figure out why. We did find a fly in the room very late last night and I killed it forthwith, letting her sniff it. But this didn't seem to be the problem. Then before the night ended I took Bandit's cage cover off (I'd left him 3/4 covered all weekend so he could rest). Miraculously, Willow's mood cleared right up and eventually she was tearing into her stuffed mouse. Now did she sense something was wrong with him, or did our covering him confuse her and she thought it was bedtime? This dog is such a bizarre psychological type! She can be frightened of a fly, yet challenge an Akita walking by the house!