Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 07, 2002
I feel as if I’m standing ankle deep in icewater.

I swear that no matter what time of the year at work, the air conditioner is always on, at least in the central area where I’m located. I haven’t been near a vent yet in this area during the winter that doesn’t feel as if it’s blowing cold air. Most of the time my hands turn to ice and I’m forced to tuck them under my shirt to get warm. Does anyone wonder why I wear sweatshirts to work? If not, I’d spend the day shivering instead of working, or have to type from the depths of a winter coat. Many’s the day I’ve worn one sweatshirt on top of the other.

Usually I tuck my right foot under me to warm up, but I can’t do that until it is well. So here it sits, propped up on my CPU (tower, sitting on the floor), as chilled as if I’ve been walking barefoot like the Little Match Girl...