Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net
. . . . .
. . . . .
» Monday, November 01, 2004
1. Code your own website or use a template?
I use a variety of methods. I can hand-code if need be (most of the "Salute to Winter" page was hand-coded, for instance), but I like to work on HTML Assistant Pro 2000. I'd like to see what Dreamweaver is like. FrontPage...ugh. It writes fat code and puts in IE-only codes so there's no cross-browser compatibility.
2. Use a digital camera or a film camera? If digital, do you print your own pictures, order them online, or send them out?
We just leave them on disk. We've printed out a couple in our APA, but the ink for prints just costs too much.
3. Make your own cards or buy them at a card shop?
Dollar General has lovely cards. I used to buy Hallmark all the time--despite the fact they laid me off--because discount store cards just never said what I wanted them to and looked cheap. But Dollar General's cards are very pretty, nicely printed, and have appropriate verses.
4. Draw your own graphics or get them from the internet?
5. Take showers or baths?
6. Make your own candles or buy them? And are they soy or paraffin?
Make...candles? No candles in the house that we burn. We have a bird. Maybe once a year we light the candles on the kitchen table. Mostly they're for decoration.
7. Celebrate Halloween or not?
Yeah, we did. It was too hot and I wasn't feeling well and we only had about 15 kids. I think they did Hallowe'en on Saturday while we were at trivia. We did have fun on Saturday night. Rockford's was running the A/C high enough so I could wear my black sweats and be a "jellicle cat." Mel had the funniest costume: he dressed as a Knights Templar with a bunny mask: "Crusader Rabbit," of course!
8. Sleep in on weekends or get up early even if you don't have to go to work?
Usually we sleep in, but we were restless this Sunday. I was a bit worried about taking Pidge in the car the first time. He seems to have coped. It was the dog that whined through the entire trip.
9. Correct other people's grammar, or just let it go?
In print, yes.